1 Corinthians Gay Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about 1 Corinthians Gay Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- In 1 Corinthians (first Corinthians if you’re American), Paul says that a variety of wrongdoers won’t inherit God’s kingdom. Included in the list are a couple of words that the New International Version of the Bible translates as ‘men who have sex with men’ but the English Standard Version translates as ‘men who practice homosexuality’.
- 1 Corinthians 5:11 – "But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother or sister who is sexually immoral or greedy, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or robber. Do not even eat with such a one." (6 items) 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 – "Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do ...
- Scripture: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Denomination: Mennonite Summary: Gays can expect kindness, understanding and respect (love), but not agreement with lifestyle and "marriage" (truth).
- Answer. While the Bible does address homosexuality, it does not explicitly mention gay marriage/same-sex marriage. It is clear, however, that the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin.
- Given the strong theme in 1 Corinthians 6 of worshipping other gods, there is a very good possibility that this chapter is not addressing individual sexual sins and homosexuality. The chapter appears to be looking at the bigger issue of sex as an act of worship of other gods and …
- -1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (KJV) 1 Timothy 1:10 also uses the term arsenokoitai in a similar “vice list.” Given that many Bible translations since 1946 have rendered malakoi and arsenokoitai as “homosexuals” or “men who have sex with men,” it’s worth taking a close look at these two Greek terms.
- Scripture: Matthew 19:4-5, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 1:24-28. Denomination: Salvation Army. Summary: Gay marriage. This is a very difficult and controversial issue. There are fiery voices on both sides of the debate that make it difficult to discuss respectfully.
- God already told us in His Word that as the end times draw near, society will turn against Him. Homosexuality is a result of the rejection of God ( Romans 1:21-25 ). Gay marriage is the institutionalization of the rejection of God. None of this should be …
- In Romans, Paul includes homosexual behavior among the consequences of turning away from God (1:27). In 1 Corinthians, homosexual practice belongs with fornication, adultery, idolatry, greed, drunkenness, theft, and robbery as behaviors that preclude participation in the kingdom of God (6:9 10); Paul affirms that through baptism Christians have become free from their entanglement in all these …
- 1 Corinthians 7:2-16 ESV / 2 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.
Have you found 1 Corinthians Gay Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about 1 Corinthians Gay Marriage.