10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about 10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- The Top 10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage: All Receive Failing Grades! 1. Nature: “It’s Not Natural” (FAIL) 2. Procreation: “Marriage is for Procreation” (FAIL) 3. Religion: “It’s Against My Religion” (FAIL) 4. Redefinition: “You’re Trying to Redefine the Institution” (FAIL) 5. Sanctity: “It’s a ...Estimated Reading Time: 9 mins
- Ten Arguments From Social Science Against Same-Sex Marriage 1. Children hunger for their biological parents. Homosexual couples using in vitro fertilization (IVF) or surrogate... 2. Children need fathers. If same-sex civil marriage becomes common, most same-sex …
- "The gay movement, whether we acknowledge it or not, is not a civil rights movement, not even a sexual liberation movement, but a moral revolution aimed at changing people's view of homosexuality." 10. It Offends God. This is the most important reason. Whenever one violates the natural moral order established by God, one sins and offends God.
- 1. Nature: “It’s Not Natural” (FAIL) The most basic argument presented by gay marriage opponents purports that marriage between two people of the same sex is “not natural” and is …Estimated Reading Time: 11 mins
- 8. Any religious argument against Gay Marriage. Before any argument can be taken seriously, it must have firm premises. The religious argument rests on the following premises: A) That there is a God and B) That this god is the God of a particular religious tradition (in America, that’s the Christian tradition). I’m just going to say it.Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
- Type A: The Insidiously Homophobic Arguments 1. “We need to protect marriage.”. The word “protect” implies that gay people are a threat to the institution of... 2. “We must preserve traditional marriage.”. Given that marriage has always changed to suit the culture of the time and... 3. “Marriage is ...
- Opposition to same-sex marriage is based on bigotry, homophobia, and religious hatred. The struggle for “same-sex marriage” is just like the civil rights movement of the 1960s. “Same-sex marriage is inevitable,” so we should “stand on the right side of history.”Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
- The idea that gay couples can’t marry because of the disconnect between homosexuality and procreation cuts across many arguments against gay marriage. Gay marriage would be “unnatural” because it can't produce children, the natural end of marriage. Gay marriage would undermine marriage because it is a legal and moral institution designed to promote and protect procreation and raising of children. Gay marriage …Estimated Reading Time: 4 mins
- AGAINST Gay Marriage: FOR Gay Marriage: 1. MARRIAGE IS FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN. Critics ...Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
- Contrary to the pro gay marriage argument that some different-sex couples cannot have children or don’t want them, even in those cases there is still the potential to produce children. Seemingly infertile heterosexual couples sometimes produce children, and medical advances may allow others to …Estimated Reading Time: 9 mins
Have you found 10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about 10 Arguments Against Gay Marriage.