Aclu Marriage Fairness
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aclu Marriage Fairness from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Aug 06, 2010 · As James Esseks, Director of the ACLU's LGBT Project, said, "For the first time, a federal court has conducted a trial and found that there is absolutely no reason to deny same-sex couples the fairness and dignity of marriage." We find ourselves at a strange crossroads where our courts are moving in one direction, while our president remains silent on the sidelines on one of the most critical issues facing the LGBT …Author: Ian S. Thompson
- Jul 06, 2011 · Unfortunately, I’m a bit of a realist and I understand Virginia will probably not be the next state to make the leap forward toward marriage fairness. Just five years ago, Virginia was in the middle of the debate over the Marshall-Newman constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
- MARRIAGE EQUALITY VICTORY! "Today we joyously celebrate with the Maryland couples and families who will no longer be treated as legal strangers," said Susan Goering, executive director of the ACLU of Maryland. "We also applaud Marylanders for affirming fairness and standing up for the right of same-sex couples to be treated equally under the law. The ACLU of Maryland is proud of our work on this issue …
- Nov 06, 2013 · November 6, 2013 - 10:45am. The Illinois legislature passed the “Illinois Religious Freedom Protection and Marriage Fairness Act.”. Below are answers to frequently asked questions about the new marriage law and about the recent court decision ordering the Cook County Clerk to immediately issue marriage licenses.Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins
- Sep 18, 2007 · Struggle for Fairness Moves to the State Legislature ANNAPOLIS, MD - The American Civil Liberties Union and Equality Maryland today denounced the divided Maryland Court of Appeals decision upholding a state law that bars same-sex couples from marrying and accessing the hundreds of family protections provided to married couples and their children under state law.
- Mar 27, 2012 · The ACLU of Maine serves on the Executive Committee of Mainers United for Marriage. The organization is directing its supporters to get involved at www.mainersunited.org . Marriage fairness is a key organizational priority for the ACLU, which is hiring an additional staffer for the campaign to assist in coalition building and communications efforts in 2012.
- Mar 28, 2012 · The ACLU of Maine serves on the Executive Committee of Mainers United for Marriage. The organization is directing its supporters to get involved at www.mainersunited.org . Marriage fairness is a key organizational priority for the ACLU, which is hiring an additional staffer for the campaign to assist in coalition building and communications efforts in 2012.
- May 19, 2014 · Kentucky Faith Leaders for Fairness, co-chaired by Rev. Bojangles Blanchard (Cooperative Baptist Fellowship) and Rev. Derek Penwell (Christian Church, Disciples of Christ), joined together with the Faith Leaders Call for LGBT Marriage, Statewide Fairness ACLU of Kentucky
Have you found Aclu Marriage Fairness information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aclu Marriage Fairness.