Aclu Maryland Marriage Equality
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aclu Maryland Marriage Equality from a wide variety of sources for you.
- On November 6, the ACLU of Maryland joined supporters across the state in waiting with bated breath for word on whether the Civil Marriage Protection Act would be approved by voters. Then, jubilation! Maryland voters had approved Question 6 and said "yes" to marriage equality!
- ANNAPOLIS - The Maryland House of Delegates voted in favor of House Bill 438, the Civil Marriage Protection Act, which allows committed gay and lesbian couples to marry in the state. The measure, which is a cornerstone of Governor Martin O'Malley's legislative agenda this year, now moves to the Senate, where it cleared the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee late last month.
- As Legislative Process Ends, Referendum Begins in Maryland. ANNAPOLIS – Following the successful vote in the House of Delegates last week, the Maryland Senate today approved the Civil Marriage Protection Act, which enables committed gay and lesbian couples to get a civil marriage license.
- The case was brought by the ACLU of Maryland and the national ACLU, in partnership with Equality Maryland. We represented nine same-sex couples and a surviving gay partner, who were brave enough to stand up and charge that it was a violation of the state constitution to deny same-sex couples the ability to marry and the many family protections that come with marriage.Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
- The ACLU of Maryland is a member of the four organization Board of the broad coalition, Marylanders for Marriage Equality, which includes the Baltimore NAACP, labor unions, and religious allies. Check out this great video from people across the state explaining why marriage equality is important for Maryland! Voices of Marriage Equality
- The Murphy Family supports marriage equality. The ACLU of Maryland joins the Marylanders for Marriage Equality coalition to thank members of the prominent Murphy family of Baltimore, who are featured in a coalition web ad calling for marriage equality in the Free State.
- Marylanders for Marriage Equality is a united and diverse coalition, including Progressive Maryland, 1199 Service Employees International Union (SEIU), American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Maryland, Equality Maryland, the Human Rights Campaign, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and Pride in Faith. ###
- The ACLU of Maryland successfully challenged sodomy laws in Maryland, and we helped pass and defend laws prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation. We were instrumental in bringing marriage equality to Maryland, a battle fought first in the courts, then the General Assembly, and finally with a ballot referendum that ushered in equal marriage rights in 2012.Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
- Marriage Equality. Marriage Equality. Deane and Polyak v. Conaway. On July 7, 2004, The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), working closely with Equality Maryland, filed a lawsuit on behalf of nine loving, same-sex couples and a recently widowed man seeking the right to marry in Maryland. The lawsuit charges that excluding same-sex couples from marriage violates the state constitution’s …
- Sep 18, 2007 · The ACLU filed the challenge to the Maryland law barring same-sex couples from marrying on July 7, 2004, in partnership with Equality Maryland, the state's leading LGBT rights organization. The case was argued before Baltimore City Circuit Court …
Have you found Aclu Maryland Marriage Equality information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aclu Maryland Marriage Equality.