Aclu Nc Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aclu Nc Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- In April 2014, the ACLU filed a second lawsuit, Gerber and Berlin, et al. v. Smith, challenging North Carolina’s marriage ban on behalf of three married same-sex couples, one member of which has a serious medical condition.
- GREENSBORO – The American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of North Carolina Legal Foundation have asked a federal judge to quickly overturn North Carolina’s ban on marriage for same-sex couples in light of a recent ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit that found Virginia’s similar marriage ban unconstitutional.
- Jun 13, 2012 · The American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU of North Carolina Legal Foundation have filed a lawsuit on behalf of six same-sex couples seeking the freedom to marry, and the right to obtain second parent adoptions for their children. A second parent adoption occurs when one partner in an unmarried couple adopts the other partner’s biological or adoptive child.
- GREENSBORO - U.S. District Judge William Osteen today ruled that North Carolina’s ban on marriage for same-sex couples is unconstitutional. He is the second federal judge to do so in five days. The ruling came in two lawsuits brought by the American Civil Liberties Union and ACLU of North Carolina …
- RALEIGH – Today the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the ACLU of North Carolina Legal Foundation (ACLU-NCLF) announced plans to challenge North Carolina’s ban on marriage for same-sex couples by amending a federal lawsuit filed against the state last year on behalf of six same-sex couples and their children that challenges North Carolina’s ban on second parent
- Mar 04, 2015 · CONTACT: 212-549-2666, [email protected] RALEIGH – Almost 40 years after two Forsyth County magistrates refused to perform their civil marriage ceremony by citing religious objections, Thomas and Carol Ann Person, an interracial couple from North Carolina, are now speaking out against proposed legislation that would allow magistrates to refuse marriage services to any …
- Oct 06, 2014 · Mike Meno of the ACLU of North Carolina issued the following statement in response to the announcement this morning by the U.S. Supreme Court that would not …
- May 15, 2008 · On May 15, 2008, the California Supreme Court ruled that it is unconstitutional for the state to ban same-sex couples from civil marriage. The ACLU Foundation of Northern California and co-counsel represent a group of committed lesbian and gay couples as well as two non-profit organizations, Equality California and Our Family Coalition.
Have you found Aclu Nc Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aclu Nc Marriage.