Aclu New Mexico Gay Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aclu New Mexico Gay Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- In 2013, the ACLU of New Mexico filed Griego v. Oliver on behalf of five same-sex couples, asking the courts to affirm that the New Mexico State Constitution does not prohibit gay and lesbian couples from marrying. In December of that same year, the New Mexico State Supreme Court heard Griego v.Estimated Reading Time: 30 secs
- In late August, Judge Alan Malott of the Second Judicial District Court in Albuquerque ordered the county clerks of Bernalillo and Santa Fe counties to begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. All 33 New Mexico County Clerks then intervened in the lawsuit and filed a petition asking the New Mexico Supreme Court to provide a statewide ruling on whether same-sex couples can marry.
- ALBUQUERQUE, NM—Today, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of New Mexico welcomes the historic overturn of the so-called “Defense of Marriage Act” (DOMA), the legislation that prevents federal recognition of marriages between same-sex couples, as well as the overturn of Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot initiative that banned same-sex couples from marrying in California.
- August 29, 2013 - 11:46am. The past two weeks have been filled with historic 'firsts' here in New Mexico. A state judge has declared that denying the freedom to marry to committed, loving same-sex couples is unconstitutional, and issued a n order to Santa Fe and Bernalillo Counties to start issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. As of this writing, six counties in New Mexico are issuing marriage licenses to same-sex …
- It seems like every time you turn around these days, someone is announcing new support for the freedom to marry, which is the result of years of groundwork that the ACLU and other organizations have laid to get us to this incredible place. Yesterday in New Mexico, we filed a new state court lawsuit seeking the freedom to marry for same-sex couples. We have partnered with the National Center for Lesbian …
- Two lesbian couples from New Mexico are asking a state district judge to allow them to marry. ACLU files suit on behalf of New Mexico same-sex couples Local News santafenewmexican.com Thank ...
- 51% Favor Marriage; 53% Back Favorable Court Resolution ALBUQUERQUE, NM—As the state’s highest court prepares to hear arguments on Oct. 23rd on whether or not New Mexico law allows same-sex couples to marry, a new statewide poll finds strong majority support both for the freedom to marry and a favorable court ruling.
- Each year, when lawmakers, lobbyists, and advocates pour into the halls of the Roundhouse for legislative session, ACLU of New Mexico staff are poised and ready to fight tooth and nail to pass legislation that will better the lives of New Mexicans. June 2, 2021.
- New Mexico joins 16 other states and the District of Columbia in allowing gay marriage either through legislation, court rulings or voter referendums. Eight of the state's 33 counties started...Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
- The American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU ofKansas have filed a lawsuit against district courtclerks in Douglas and Sedgwick counties for their refusal to issue marriage applications to two same-sex couples, despite the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals lifting its stay on marriage for same-sex couples. View the case
Have you found Aclu New Mexico Gay Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aclu New Mexico Gay Marriage.