Aclu Wisconsin Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aclu Wisconsin Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Nov 07, 2014 · If you believe you have been discriminated against because of your sexual orientation or because you are married to a person of the same sex, you may also contact the ACLU of Wisconsin at 414-272-4032 or through our website, www.ACLU-WI.org. This is not a guarantee of legal representation and you should take whatever steps are necessary to preserve your rights while we review your …Estimated Reading Time: 9 mins
- Nov 07, 2014 · On Monday, October 6, 2014, the United States Supreme Court refused to hear the State of Wisconsin’s appeal of the lower federal court decisions in Wolf v. Walker – a case brought by the ACLU in February which culminated in the Court of Appeals’ ruling that Wisconsin’s ban on marriage for same-sex couples violates the U.S. Constitution. As a result, same-sex couples are now able to marry in Wisconsin, the State must recognize the marriages …Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
- Nov 07, 2014 · If you believe you have been discriminated against because of your sexual orientation or because you are married to a person of the same sex, you may also contact the ACLU of Wisconsin at 414-272-4032 or through our website, www.ACLU-WI.org. This is not a guarantee of legal representation and you should take whatever steps are necessary to preserve your rights while we review your …Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
- Aug 06, 2014 · “Wisconsin Unites for Marriage gives a voice to couples, their friends and families, and everyone committed to freedom and equality. You don't have to be a plaintiff or lawyer to be heard as we make history together,” said Chris Ahmuty, Executive Director of ACLU Wisconsin.
- SAVE THE DATE: Next Thursday, August 7, the ACLU, Fair Wisconsin, and Freedom To Marry are going to hold press conferences in Madison, Milwaukee, Eau Claire, Appleton, and LaCrosse about the launch of a new coalition, Wisconsin Unites for Marriage, a group who will be trying to collect signatures on a petition asking the Attorney General to stop defending the unconstitutional
- Oct 13, 2014 · Since that time, the ACLU has filed thirteen federal marriage lawsuits on behalf of same-sex across the country. The ACLU of Wisconsin is a non-profit, non-partisan, private organization whose 7,000 members support its efforts to defend the civil rights and liberties of all Wisconsin residents.
- Aug 05, 2014 · Wisconsin Unites for Marriage to advocate for the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in Wisconsin. On Thursday, August 7, plaintiff couples, community and religious leaders, and other supporters of the freedom to marry for all loving couples will gather in Appleton, Eau Claire, La Crosse, Madison and Milwaukee to announce a new coalition formed in the wake of the U.S. District …
- Jun 06, 2014 · The American Civil Liberties Union had challenged the law on behalf of eight couples seeking the freedom to marry in Wisconsin or to FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: 212-549-2666, [email protected], Wis. – U.S. District Court Judge Barbara Crabb today struck down the discriminatory amendment to the Wisconsin state constitution
- Sep 16, 2014 · CONTACT: 212-549-2666, [email protected] MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Today, the American Civil Liberties Union, ACLU of Wisconsin, and Mayer Brown LLP filed suit in federal court on behalf of same-sex couples married in Wisconsin during the week after June 6 Bloechl-Karlsen v. Walker. This filing follows last week's decision out of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals that upheld a previous ruling by the District Court that found Wisconsin's ban on marriage …
Have you found Aclu Wisconsin Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aclu Wisconsin Marriage.