A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aristotle Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Apr 02, 2015 · In the Politics, Aristotle maintains, contrary to his predecessors, that there is a distinctive mode of authority that husbands should exercise over their wives. He even coins a word for it: γαμιϰή, ‘the marital art’ or ‘marital rule’ (Pol. 1.3, 1253b8–10; 1.12, 1259a37–9).Cited by: 1
- Jun 01, 2016 · So far, Aristotle’s description of marriage doesn’t sound very lofty. It sounds like he could well be saying that marriage is mostly a friendship of utility with maybe a little pleasure thrown in if we’re lucky. But it’s important to remember that Aristotle isn’t (yet) describing the type of friendship men and women have at all. He’s describing the foundation of the relationship, what it’s about.Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins
- Aristotle - The appropriate age for marriage is around eighteen for girls and thirty-seven for men.
- Aristotle Marriage Quotes & Sayings . Showing search results for "Aristotle Marriage" sorted by relevance. 1989 matching entries found. Related Topics. Broken Marriage Funny Age Christian Marriage Keep Trying Marriage Memory Success Wedding Card Funny Marriage Parenting Humor Love Happiness Relationships Misery
- Mar 28, 2013 · First, Aristotle views marriage as an institution that is solely aimed at procreation, and procreation for the good of the city. Thus, Aristotle believes the city ought to be involved in regulating marriages. Since the aim is to produce the best offspring, Aristotle believes that the best methods to produce the best offspring must be adhered to.
- Oct 20, 2017 · Aristotle Onassis, a Greek shipping mogul, was one of the wealthiest men in the world and Jackie, an American icon. The pair married on Onassis’s private island of …Author: Brooke Bobb
Have you found Aristotle Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aristotle Marriage.