Aristotles Views On Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Aristotles Views On Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Jun 01, 2016 · Aristotle on Marriage . To understand what a marriage of true friendship would be like, we have to start with Aristotle’s view of what marriage is about. For Aristotle, any relationship has to be about something. Friends are friends because there are things that they do together—in Aristotle’s …Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins
- Apr 02, 2015 · In the Politics, Aristotle maintains, contrary to his predecessors, that there is a distinctive mode of authority that husbands should exercise over their wives. 1 He even coins a word for it: γαμιϰή, ‘the marital art’ or ‘marital rule’ (Pol. 1.3, 1253b8–10; 1.12, 1259a37–9).Cited by: 1
- Mar 28, 2013 · First, Aristotle views marriage as an institution that is solely aimed at procreation, and procreation for the good of the city. Thus, Aristotle believes the city ought to be involved in regulating marriages. Since the aim is to produce the best offspring, Aristotle believes that the best methods to produce the best offspring must be adhered to.
- May 08, 2013 · Aristotle also believes “for we always choose [happiness] for itself, and never for the sake of something else.”. Those in favor of same-sex marriage do not hold this view just for the sake of angering people who disagree with their views but to increase quality of life and happiness for all through equal access to the right to marry. “For it is always for the sake of the end that all else is done.”.Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins
- Aristotle has the opinion that the both husband and wife are like friends and it is evident that women must love more than her husband. But whereas in the works of the households there may be domination, and subordination between them which is depended upon the natural distinctions among them.
- Dec 11, 2014 · Aristotle and Gay Marriage Sample. Gay marriage is the most controversial topic of debate since its inception. Although, in recent times, many of the states have decided to accept and give reorganization to same sex marriage, yet today also many societies and religions are against this act. Many people consider. it to be a sin.
- Jan 30, 2020 · Plato and Aristotle on the Family: Selected Quotes. Andrea Borghini, Ph.D., is a professor of philosophy at the University of Milan, Italy. His research focuses on metaphysics, ethics, and philosophy of biology. Plato and Aristotle have proposed radical views on the family, which influenced the debate on the topic in Western philosophy.Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins
Have you found Aristotles Views On Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Aristotles Views On Marriage.