Being Against Gay Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Being Against Gay Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Nature-themed arguments against gay marriage say little about the societal institution of marriage but reveal a lot about the homophobia and heterosexism of those who present such arguments. In this regard, the disapproval isn't about gay marriage per se -- it's more about discomfort with homosexuality, period. 2.
- Legal recognition of same-sex “marriage” would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality. 5. It Turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right. Homosexual activists argue that same-sex “marriage” is a civil rights issue similar to the struggle for racial equality in the 1960s. This ...
- The following are ten science-based arguments against same-sex "marriage": 1. Children hunger for their biological parents. Homosexual couples using in vitro fertilization (IVF) or surrogate mothers deliberately create a class of children who will live apart from their mother or father.
- A UCLA psychology study published online today in the journal Psychological Science concludes that many people believe gay men and women are more sexually promiscuous than heterosexuals, which they may fear could threaten their own marriages and their way of life.
- 4. It confuses children. Well, my children. Oh, sure, there are plenty of studies that show how much kids thrive in same-sex households. They all point to unimportant things, like the amount of support and attention these kids get growing up, positive mental health outcomes, higher IQ levels…. Just stupid stuff.
- The secular cases being made against gay marriage, as well, often have little to do with any kind of animus towards gay people themselves. Rather than appeal to an archaic notion of God’s...
- Is gay marriage just like interracial marriage? If you’re against gay marriage, is that the same as racism? Hundreds of Slate readers have made that argument in …
- “Public opinion polls show most people are against gay marriage.” A petition by the Coalition for Marriage claimed to have 600,000 signatures in opposition to gay marriage in the UK. It should come as no surprise that the directors of the organisation are religious and manipulation of the results was easy.
- Our stand against homosexuality is ultimately a stand for the wisdom and perfection of the created design and a choice to honor the Designer. Multiplying a godly legacy A second purpose for marriage is to produce children. In Genesis 1:28 when God commands Adam and Eve, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth…”
- To sanction gay marriage/same-sex marriage is to approve of the homosexual lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently labels as sinful. Christians should stand firmly against the idea of gay marriage/same-sex marriage. Further, there are strong, logical arguments against gay marriage/same-sex marriage from contexts apart from the Bible.
Have you found Being Against Gay Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Being Against Gay Marriage.