Belarus Wedding Traditions
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Belarus Wedding Traditions from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Belarus wedding traditions are quite ancient. One of the oldest wedding traditions involves the concept of “order in priority.” What this meant was that the oldest daughter was married first, followed by the next oldest and so forth. If a younger sister married before her older sister it was considered a major embarrassment for everyone.
- Belarusian wedding traditions - HiFive Belarus. The groom needs to spell the bride’s name in money. The groom needs to drink from three cups: salty, sweet, and sour. The face he has – that life he obtains…. The groom needs to guess the correct finger to place the wedding ring (the bride together ...
- The object that used to have an important role in the local wedding is a towel. It was tied to the bride's hand on her way to the wedding. During the traditional wedding ceremony the bride and groom used to stand on the "padnozhnik" towel. Nowadays many guests often wrap their presents in a towel. Every Belarus bride has her bridesmaids.
- Another one of the most fascinating marriage traditions that you should never miss is the “kuzi tyghe”. In this occasion, the bride and groom exchange tough luck roses together. If you are a fan of tulips, you will definitely appreciate this part of the Bel Belarus wedding traditions.
- Another one of the most fascinating wedding traditions you should never miss is the „kuzi tyghe“. From this occasion, the bride and groom exchange tough luck roses together. If you are a admirer of roses, you will definitely appreciate this part of the Bel Belarus wedding party traditions.
- Belarus wedding traditions may differ from customs in your country. For example, a towel should be tied to a bride’s hand as a symbol of a path – she leaves her parent’s home and becomes a wife.
- Belarus wedding traditions are quite ancient. One of the oldest wedding traditions involves the concept of “order in priority.”. What this meant was that the oldest daughter was married first, followed by the next oldest and so forth. If a younger sister married before her older sister it was considered a major embarrassment for everyone.
- Wedding ceremony. The brightest Belarusian ceremonial events is wedding. On such important occasions, as a rule the whole family gathers together, including close and distant relatives and the variety of dishes are served. Ceremony that possesses a deep sense is a Belarusian wedding.
- Wedding bread in Belarus. The wedding traditions regarding karavai in Belarus are similar to Ukrainian. The bride and groom’s parents also bless their children with a loaf of wedding bread, specifically made for this occasion. But karavai and salt are complemented in Belarus with a honey-based beverage called “medovukha”.
Have you found Belarus Wedding Traditions information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Belarus Wedding Traditions.