Belgian Nationality By Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Belgian Nationality By Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- Belgian Nationality Law - Belgian Citizenship By Marriage Belgian Citizenship By Marriage Since 1 January 1985, marriage does not give any direct claim to Belgian citizenship. However, he or she may request Belgian nationality after the marriage has taken place. Read more about this topic: Belgian Nationality Law
- Marriage certificate with a Belgian partner + his or her nationality certificate; Birth certificate of the child + his or her nationality certificate; Rate. 50 euros (payment preferably with Bancontact) Waiting period. About 6 months for an application to acquire Belgian nationality (for adults)
- The standard procedure for acquiring Belgian nationality is via a nationality declaration, although a number of options exist. The declaration is based on one of the grounds prescribed in the legislation, such as marriage to a Belgian national, legal residence, or parent of a child born in Belgium.
- Marriage The obtaining of the Belgian nationality through marriage implies that at the time of the application, the foreign national lives with the Belgian partner. They should also have resided together during a given period. Both spouses should have lived together in Belgium between six months and three years according to the cases.
- Marriage to a Belgian citizen does not have a direct influence on your foreign partner’s nationality. Please see the Nationality section for further information on this topic. Further information can also be obtained by contacting: The Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs, Registry Service The Belgian consulate in your place of residence abroad
- Citizenship by Marriage. I'm a US citizen currently living in the US. I was born here and have lived here my whole life. I'm engaged to someone who is a dual citizen in the US and in Belgium. They were born in Belgium to one Belgian and one American parent. They have lived here for years, but want to move back to Belgium.
- To be able to gain Belgian nationality, either by marriage, long-term stay or birth, the required length of residency on Belgian territory has been increased to a minimum of 5 years of lawful residence in the country. There are also conditions related …
- There are two ways in which an individual can apply for Belgian nationality: via a nationality declaration and by naturalization. The latter is the most common form of acquiring Belgian citizenship and this is the procedure that is briefly described by our Belgium immigration lawyer in the following paragraphs.
- Nationality You can have Belgian nationality legally or voluntarily. You can also lose your Belgian nationality. This section will provide you with further information. The Code of Belgian Nationality (WBN) contains the legal conditions relating to Belgian nationality and the Minister of Justice is the ‘guardian’ of Belgian nationality in general.
Have you found Belgian Nationality By Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Belgian Nationality By Marriage.