Belgian Nationality Marriage
A wedding is a very important event in a person's life. We have compiled information about Belgian Nationality Marriage from a wide variety of sources for you.
- If you are Belgian and you want to get married abroad, the basic conditions for the marriage relating to you will be dictated by Belgian law. Essentially, this means that you must be at least 18 years of age, not be married or no longer be married and consent to the marriage.
- Belgian Nationality Law - Belgian Citizenship By Marriage Belgian Citizenship By Marriage Since 1 January 1985, marriage does not give any direct claim to Belgian citizenship. However, he or she may request Belgian nationality after the marriage has taken place. Read more about this topic: Belgian Nationality Law
- Marriage certificate with a Belgian partner + his or her nationality certificate; Birth certificate of the child + his or her nationality certificate; Rate. 50 euros (payment preferably with Bancontact) Waiting period. About 6 months for an application to acquire Belgian nationality (for adults)
- The marriage ceremony to a Belgian citizen can legally take place in Belgium, Canada, or any other country as long as both parties have the necessary visas to enter this country legally. This marriage can then be recognized when applying for a permanent residence or an eTA for your Belgian spouse. To learn more about ceremony customs, see below.
- Even if you want to acquire citizenship through marriage to a Belgian national, you must have been living together for three years, still fulfill the five-year residence requirement and also have knowledge of one of the three main languages.
- Marriage The obtaining of the Belgian nationality through marriage implies that at the time of the application, the foreign national lives with the Belgian partner. They should also have resided together during a given period. Both spouses should have lived together in Belgium between six months and three years according to the cases.
- To get married in Belgium, either you or your future spouse must be a Belgian citizen or have been resident in Belgium for at least three months. According to the Belgian government, air tickets and rental agreements can be used as proof of residence.
- The concept of automatic nationality on marriage no longer exists and it is not even guaranteed that you will be allowed to enter Belgium just because you are married to a Belgian citizen. (This is not exclusive to Belgium, it's common throughout Europe.)
- marriage certificate, if applicable; the child’s birth certificate, if applicable. One of our Belgium immigration agents can provide more details on the submission steps as well as guide you throughout the process. How can one lose Belgian citizenship? Minors, as well as adults, can lose their Belgian nationality. Minors can lose their Belgian nationality if they are …
Have you found Belgian Nationality Marriage information?
We hope that we have completely satisfied your curiosity about Belgian Nationality Marriage.